AMENDED ELECTION FILING PERIOD NOTICE
Election Filing Period
The filing period for the Big Water November election begins June 1. This year there is an opening for two four-year term Councilmember positions, one 2 year term Councilmember , and Mayor position. You must state which position you wish to file for at the time of filing. The filing period begins June 1 and ends June 7 at 5:00 p.m. Each person seeking to become a candidate for office must file a Declaration of Candidacy in person with the City Recorder at Big Water Town Hall. Office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. No applications can be received after 5:00 p.m. on June 7, 2017.
Qualifications for Candidate are:
1. Be a United States citizen.
2. Be at least 18 years old.
3. Be a resident of the municipality for at least 365 consecutive days immediately preceding the date of the election.
4. Be a registered voter of the municipality.
5. Cannot be a convicted felon.
Any questions should be directed to Jenni Johnson at 435-675-3760.